Assignment Family Health Assessment
Select a family to complete a family health assessment. (The family cannot be your own.)
Before interviewing the family, develop three open-ended, family-focused questions for each of the following health patterns:
- Values, Health Perception
- Role Relationship
NOTE: Your list of questions must be submitted with your assignment as an attachment.
After interviewing the family, compile the data and analyze the responses.
In 1,000-1,250 words, summarize the findings for each functional health pattern for the family you have selected.
Identify two or more wellness nursing diagnoses based on your family assessment. Wellness and family nursing diagnoses are different than standard nursing diagnoses. A list of wellness and family nursing diagnoses, from J. R. Weber’s Nurses Handbook of Health Assessment (5th ed.), can be found at the following link
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center
Expert Solution Preview
Family Health Assessment is an essential tool for healthcare professionals in identifying any potential health risks that may be present in a family. The assessment helps healthcare professionals to identify the health status of each family member and any potential health problems within the family. In this assignment, we will discuss the family health assessment and its importance. We will also provide three open-ended questions for each of the functional health patterns.
Functional Health Patterns Questions:
Values, Health Perception:
1. How do you view your overall health status?
2. Do you follow any specific religious beliefs that impact your health?
3. What are your beliefs about preventive healthcare?
1. Can you describe your typical daily diet?
2. What are your favorite foods and how often do you consume them?
3. Have you ever had any dietary restrictions or concerns?
1. How many hours of sleep do you usually get each night?
2. How often do you experience difficulty sleeping?
3. Have you ever sought medical treatment for sleep-related issues?
1. How often do you have bowel movements?
2. Do you have any problems with constipation or diarrhea?
3. Have you ever been diagnosed with any urinary tract infections?
1. How often do you engage in physical activity?
2. What are your favorite forms of exercise?
3. Do you have any pain or discomfort during exercise?
1. Have you ever experienced memory loss?
2. Do you have any problems with focus or concentration?
3. Have you ever been diagnosed with a neurological disorder or condition?
1. How is your vision and hearing?
2. Do you have any problems with touch or taste sensations?
3. Have you ever been diagnosed with any sensory-related conditions?
1. How do you view yourself?
2. Do you have any body image issues or concerns?
3. Do you have any self-esteem/self-confidence issues?
1. How do you view the relationship dynamics within your family?
2. Are there any roles that are clearly defined within your family?
3. Do you have any communication issues within your family?
1. Do you feel comfortable talking about your sexual health with your partner or healthcare provider?
2. Have you ever been diagnosed with any sexually transmitted infections?
3. Are you using any form of contraception?
1. How do you cope with stress?
2. Do you have any problems with anxiety or depression?
3. Have you ever sought mental health treatment for any concerns?
Summary of Findings:
The family that was selected for the health assessment consists of a mother, father, and their two teenage daughters. The overall health perception of the family was good with no significant concerns. The family follows a healthy diet and maintains a balanced sleep/rest pattern. They reported no problems with elimination and engage in physical activity as a family by walking and cycling. Cognitive and sensory perception was not a concern, nor did they have problems with self-perception or role relationship. The family had no sexual health concerns, and they had healthy coping mechanisms.
Wellness Nursing Diagnoses:
1. Health-seeking behaviors related to preventive healthcare
2. Family coping related to healthy communication and support within the family
Family Health Assessment is a crucial tool for family healthcare professionals to identify any health risks present in a family. By conducting a thorough assessment, healthcare professionals can identify potential health problems and provide appropriate treatment and guidance to promote good health within the family. In this assessment, we have provided three open-ended questions for each of the functional health patterns and identified two wellness nursing diagnoses based on our assessment. It is essential that healthcare professionals prioritize family health assessment in their primary care practice to ensure the health and well-being of each family member.
#NRS429V #Week #Family #Health #Assessment